Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Invisible Children

KONY 2012 from INVISIBLE CHILDREN on Vimeo.



This video is so inspiring to me. There are honestly not enough words that can describe my feelings after seeing this video. It is one of the most beautiful, powerful, awe-inspiring, and courageous things I have ever seen. Here I am complaining about how I don't know what I am going to wear tomorrow and these children are being abducted, forced to kill their loved ones, and have to do so many other horrible things that I can only imagine. Watching this video, not only was I in tears the entire time, but I was floored by the efforts of Jason Russell and everyone that is involved with Invisible Children and Kony 2012. A lot of people are accusing others of "jumping on the bandwagon" with the Kony 2012 campaign but I think it is more of an eye opener than anything else. People are responding so much because they had no idea this was going on. The fact that someone has enough heart to put this out there and make people aware that we CAN change the horrible things going on in the world is so inspiring to me. It makes me see the beauty in giving and doing things for another human being. Obviously we are all against something or want to change something bad happening in the world. I see horrible things happening every single day, but what the hell have I done to actually stop these acts? My heart goes out to the founders of Invisible Children. What they are doing WILL change the world. The ignorance spreading around will change because of this video. I really hope they succeed in whatever it is they wish to do, from the Kony 2012 campaign to whatever they put their minds to in the future. They deserve everything they wish for. The invisible children need to be seen and heard. We will put Kony to justice. And after Kony, we will move on to the next. I believe every human is inherently good, but we have to have the courage to fight for what we believe in. We have to have the courage to do something bigger than all of us; to fight for these children that do not have a voice.  We can change the world. 

Go here to donate.
Go here to educate yourself about Invisible Children.
DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.  

" Be the change you wish to see in the world." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig